Spikecast Community Guidelines
Respect the SpikeCast Community
We're not asking for the kind of respect reserved for nuns, the elderly, and brain surgeons. We mean don't abuse the site. Every cool new community featured on SpikeCast involves a certain level of trust. We trust you to be responsible, and millions of users respect that trust, so please be one of them.
We Review Videos Flagged As Inappropriate
Don't Cross the Line
Here are some common-sense rules that will help you steer clear of trouble:
- SpikeCast is not for pornography or sexually explicit content. If this describes your video, even if it's a video of yourself, don't post it on SpikeCast. Also, be advised that we work closely with law enforcement and we report child exploitation. Please read our Safety Tips and stay safe on SpikeCast.
- Don't post videos showing bad stuff like animal abuse, drug abuse, or bomb making.
- Graphic or gratuitous violence is not allowed. If your video shows someone getting hurt, attacked, or humiliated, don't post it.
- SpikeCast is not a shock site. Don't post gross-out videos of accidents, dead bodies and similar things.
- Respect copyright. Only upload videos that you made or that you have obtained the rights to use. This means don't upload videos you didn't make, or use content in your videos that someone else owns the copyright to, such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs, or videos made by other users, without their permission. Read our Copyright Tips for more information.
- We encourage free speech and defend everyone's right to express unpopular points of view. But we don't permit hate speech, which is content intended to attack or demean a particular gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnic origin, veteran status, color, age, disability or nationality.
- There is zero tolerance for predatory behavior, stalking, threats, harassment, invading privacy, or the revealing of other members' personal information. Anyone caught doing these things may be permanently banned from SpikeCast.
- Everyone hates spam. Do not create misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails in order to increase views. Promoting your channel is one thing, but it's not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages.
SpikeCast is for the Community
Remember that this is your community! Each and every user of SpikeCast makes the site what it is, so don't be afraid to dig in and get involved!
- Have fun with the site. There's a lot here to see, and lots of folks making amazing stuff — one of them might be you! Equipment's getting cheaper and easier to use all the time, so dive in and enjoy.
- Let folks know what you think. Feedback's part of the experience, and when done with respect, can be a great way to make friends, share stories, and make your time on SpikeCast richer. So leave comments, rate videos, make your own responses to videos that affect you, enter contests of interest — there's a lot going on and a lot of ways to participate here.
That's it! Thanks for reading!
— The SpikeCast Team